Dayton STNA/Nurse Aide Training
Ohio Medical Career Center (OMCC) offers state-approved, 75-hour certified nursing assistant training program. Upon successful conclusion of training, students will receive a certificate and enter the healthcare workforce as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The CNA certificate will allow you to work in any long-term care facility, hospital, clinic, and home health care agency as a nursing assistant. Our program will also prepare you for the state exam to become a State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA).
This is the same 75-hour prerequisite course required by nursing schools such as Ohio Medical Career Center, Wright State University, Sinclair Community College, and Clark State Community College.
Home Care Aide (HCA) Training *New*
OMCC CNA/STNA Training Program now includes Home Care Aide (HCA) class as an optional component to the standard Nursing Assistant (CNA/STNA) training. This course will cover the roles and responsibilities of home care aides, functions of the health team, special issues related to home care, client rights, as well as home maintenance and safety issues including basic life support and family care. Students will also receive free CPR & First Aid training through this course.
This class requires 75-clock hour STNA training and students shall comply with the same policies as outlined for nursing assistant training. For more information please contact the Admission Office.
STNA Training Locations
Ohio Medical Career Center currently offers nurse aide STNA training on Dayton Campus and Troy Campus. We serve prospective students in the Greater Dayton region and beyond, attracting students from Bellbrook, Centerville, Englewood, Fairborn, Germantown, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, New Lebanon, Oakwood, Piqua, Riverside, Springfield, Tipp City, Trotwood, Vandalia, West Carrollton, West Milton, and Xenia.
STNA Training at OMCC
- 2-week day classes (8am - 4pm); 3-week evening classes (4:30pm - 8:30pm)
- Classes offered throughout the year, no waiting list
- Accredited, state-approved training program that prepares you for state test and your job
- Huge classrooms, nursing skill labs, state-of-the-art medical equipment
- Small class size, highly individualized learning and tutoring sessions
- Financial aid (Workforce Investment Act) and payment plans available to help students pay for education
- Close promixity to Montgomery County Job Bank for career services and job placement assistance
- On-site STNA state test
- Must be 16 years or older (if under 18, application must be cosigned by parent/guardian)
- Physical exam and two-step Mantoux tuberculin tests (for TB) within last year
- Pay $395 down payment to guarantee a seat in the program
Ohio Medical Career Center is an approved training provider for Ohio Workforce Investment Act funds. To see if you are eligible to receive assistance, please contact your county WIA office.
» Workforce Investment Act «